If you are running a business in the hospitality industry, you probably need to hire a lot of staff. This guide will cover the critical team that you will need to hire from a hospitality staffing agency. Further, we will also see how you can use a hospitality recruiting agency to hire people and the importance of staffing services in hiring.
Key Positions you should Hire
The best way to find out the positions that you should hire is to follow a process. The process is to divide the hospitality sector into various categories and then see which are applicable for you.
If that specific category is applicable for you, you can hire people in that category.
At first, we will have to cover the staffing for the hotel management. This is where the management roles are covered.
You need to make a list of all the managers required. Depending on how big your hotel is, you will need more people here. For instance, if you also have a bar at your hotel, you can also hire a manager.
Here are few managers to consider
- Hotel manager
- Lodging manager
- Shift manager
- Sa manager
- Event manager
- Marketing and sales manager
- Staff manager or HR manager
- Catering manager
Once you have the list of managers, you can proceed to the next step.
Back of the House Staff
There is the staff which the customers don’t see. For instance, the kitchen staff and the cleaning staff are included here.
Some of the roles include
- Kitchen and cleaning staff.
- Housekeeping staff such as laundering, cleaning rooms, and public areas, etc.
- Marketing team.
- Maid to clean the public areas.
- Guides (if you have some unique facilities such as game zone)
If you miss any, there is nothing to worry about. The hospitality temp agency will help you here if needed.
Front of the House Staff
The next thing in front of the house staff. These are the people whom the customers usually see.
We can include the following key people here.
- Hosting or Greeting staff
- Security people
- Porter, who carries the baggage.
- Parking lot attendant
- Valet staff
- Bellperson who guides customers through check-in and check-out.
Food and Beverages
Some people include the staff of the restaurant, chefs, and cooks in the back of the house staff, whereas others have a different section here. In such a case, you can include them here.
Further, there is one more category that you need to see.
If you want, you can include all the maintenance staff here. It typically includes housekeeping, cleaning, among others.
Most companies in the staffing industry include in the categories that we mentioned. However, if you needed, you can make different sub-sections and then create a list of all the hospitality professionals you need.
Things to do Before Contacting the Staffing Agency
Before you contact the hospitality staffing agency, there are certain things you should do.
- Run some calculations and decide the minimum and maximum salaries you are planning to offer.
- You also need to know how you want to hire the staff whether it’s for the whole time or you are only planning to hire them for short term or part-time.
- Understand what services you want are. Here, you need to see whether you just want the staffing company to find the employees for you or want them to interview the staff on your behalf. There are various services provided; from basic to full service.
- You also need to note the basic information like how many hospitality staff you want, the schedule for example full time, among other factors.
Now that you have a good idea of what to keep in mind, we will see the importance of recruiting through hospitality staffing solutions and not recruiting directly.
Importance of Hospitality Staffing Agency
There are various reasons why you should look for employment agencies. We will see some of the popular reasons for the same.
Talent: If you want to hire talent, a hospitality staffing agency is a suitable place where you should go. They can find you a talented team of staff for your hotel.
Save time: The next thing is that you can always save some time here. When you go with the hospitality staffing agency, they will find the staff in no time. Therefore, you don’t have to wait too long to get the staff.
Process: If you want, they can handle the entire process for you. This typically covers from finding the talents to interviewing them.
Affordable: Now, many people think that going with a staffing agency will cost you more. However, it’s the opposite. It will cost you less.
If you want to hire staff for your hotels, you will have to run various paid ads. Instead, you can go with the staffing agency.
If you are in Miami and want to go with the best staffing solutions, you can always choose RMG Staffing. They have the best team that can find you the best talent for your business.
We saw some of the key people that you should hire. To get a list of that, you can always divide the staffing into various categories and find the people. After that, if you want to save your time, you can consult a hospitality staffing agency like RMG staffing, and they will handle all the things for you. You can contact them for more information.