Running a restaurant can be a hard job if you don’t have the right team beside you. The guide is all about how you can hire the best staff for your restaurant. It doesn’t matter whether you are running a single restaurant or a chain of restaurants, you should follow this guide.
Know the Requirements
If you are planning to hire qualified candidates, you need to create a list with attention to detail of the requirements first.
The most important thing to keep in mind is to ensure the qualifications and experience of the team. Some of the crucial positions for food service restaurants include chefs and waiters.
Common restaurant jobs:
- Sous chef
- Line cooks
- Restaurant management
- Kitchen staff
- Food and drink supervisor
Know your Restaurant Staff
Before you hire them directly, you will have to know where your potential restaurant professionals stand.
Here are some things that you need to check.
- Part-time work or full-time work.
- Whether you need the staff for a short period (usually less than 6 months) or a longer period.
- Payroll and salaries.
- You also need to know if you are hiring freshers or professional restaurant workers. If the staff is new, you need to ensure that they are trained.
- Last but not the least, you also need to see how you will handle the interview and onboarding process.
You also need to plan which staff you want to hire. Here are the top positions that you need to look for.
- Chefs and Cooks
- Waiters and serving staff
- Hosting or greeting staff
- Buspersons and dishwashers
So, the point is how you can make the process easier? Let’s see the way to make it easier.
Find staff with Restaurant staffing Agency
When you want to hire the staff easily, a restaurant staffing agency comes into the picture.
Many people have no idea about what is restaurant staffing company is. The agency helps you with your complete hiring process. It covers all processes from finding the right people in your preferred location to managing the payroll and interviewing them.
For instance, if you have requirements at your Miami restaurant, you just need to find a reputed restaurant staffing agency like RMG Staffing, send them your requirements by filling up their form, and the rest of the things will be handled by them.
We have various plans from which you can choose. If you just want us to find the talent, we can do that. In the same way, if you want us to handle the complete process of finding talent to onboarding them, you can go with our complete staffing management service.
Why go with Restaurant Staffing Agency?
One of the questions that you might have is why go with a restaurant staffing agency when you can find it on your own. Well, here are some of the reasons to go with a staffing agency rather than hiring them all by yourself.
- Finding talent in a place like Miami can become very hard. The hospitality industry and the restaurant industry are extremely exigent and due to the high level of competition, one small mistake to the customer experience can be devastating.
- You will find passionate restaurant employees who are willing to work for you.
- When you give them the salary range you can provide, they will find relevant employees who are willing to work for you. This will save you a lot of time.
- You can find the staff as per your requirements. You don’t need to waste your time on that.
- If you want, the restaurant staffing agency can also handle the interview and onboarding process for you.
- The service is fast. So, you can scale up your business in no time.
- Whenever you are planning to scale up your restaurant or open a new restaurant at any place, the service can be very useful.
- They can discuss your terms and conditions with the employees.
- Above all, it takes all the hard work from you and gives you the best results.
To conclude, this was the guide on how to hire the best staff for your Miami restaurants. You can always use a restaurant staffing agency to make your work easier. If you have your restaurant in Miami, you can always go with RMG Staffing. They have experience of more than 8 years which makes it one of the most trustable services out there.
Other ways to Hire Staff
Well, for many people hiring people using a restaurant staffing company will not be suitable. You can surely use other ways to hire people in that case. Here are few ways to find employees for your restaurant.
Board Sign: If you already run a restraint, you can always add a board sign on the front door saying “Staff required”.
Social Media: You can always post it on social media. In this way, people will share it with their friends and you will get some referrals. This brings us to the next point.
Work of Mouth: You can talk with other restaurant owners to see if they have got any recommendations for the staff. Word of mouth plays a very important role in restaurant hiring.
Paid ads: You can always run online ads or give newspaper ads.
Job Portals: Post your listing on job portals. If the salary and the location are good, you will get a decent number of applications.